Monday, May 9, 2011

Emil's Hiatus

I am a world-class procrastinator. I can stall on work projects, returning phone calls, or even writing for great lengths of time. In fact, if I knew of a procrastination competition, I would probably apply for it. Tomorrow.

So in this case, I kept putting off updating my blog under the logic that I had nothing to write about. I told myself I would write tomorrow, and then the next day I said the same thing, and pretty soon a month had passed without me writing anything. Not that I didn't spend that month worrying about how I was not writing anything to my blog, I just lacked the gumption to actually change my situation.

So what did I do with this past month? I kept busy with work, holding down two part-time appointments at the archive and a third position doing freelance cataloging work. I got my apartment in order for the impending birth of my first child (three weeks to go!). I started learning how to drive a car, which is less terrifying than I remember from my ill-conceived attempt to learn it in high school. And I read a lot.

Several of these things are probably blog-worthy in themselves and will hopefully appear here soon, in some (entertaining, I hope) form. Also, I have much to say about my writing, ideas about writing and the arts in general, and my various vague goals for future projects. I did not want to write an apology post for not writing because that does not seem particularly interesting. But I wanted to give an update for now, and aim for a new and interesting post very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment